A message from our friends, the Malyasian Association of Georgia (MAG)
This year, the Malaysia Fest will be held on August 15, 2009 at Zoo Atlanta. It’s an all-day non-stop fun for everyone in the family! Plus, this year, MAG is doing our part for the environment so this Fest is going to be a GREEN event! We believe we are one of the first Asian community groups to feature our home country’s unique wildlife and nature in partnership with Zoo Atlanta, as well as one of the first community groups to practice a green, environmentally friendly event.
Here are some of the activities we have in store this year:
· Highlights of unique Southeast Asian wildlife exhibits throughout Zoo Atlanta
· Children’s painting and exhibition with award-winning art school, Sabah Kinder Art (parents are welcome to inquire how to include their child(ren) in this teacher-guided activity)
· Conservation tips and efforts in partnership with Zoo Atlanta
· Cultural exhibitions featuring native wedding and dance demonstrations, authentic costumes and games
· Information and vendor booths featuring local community and business groups
· A delicious buffet dinner (in support of our conservation theme, our restaurant partners are proud to feature delicious and creative dishes that are completely vegetarian and earth-friendly)
· An EXCLUSIVE viewing of panda feeding and talk in the evening by Zoo Atlanta staff
Tickets are available online through www.malaysia-ga.org , and due to strict capacity limits by Zoo Atlanta, some tickets have limited numbers, and we expect these to sell out quickly.
There are two portions of Malaysia Fest at Zoo Atlanta
1. Daytime adventure ($16/$18) which includes full access to the Zoo and all Malaysia fest cultural events from 10AM- 5.30 PM.
2. Evening/Night adventure ($16/$18) which includes a delicious Malaysian all-vegetarian buffet, night bazaar, and private viewing of feeding of the Panda from 5.30-8.30PM (limited only to 200 tickets)
3. Full access (day and night adventures) is $30/$35 from 10AM-8.30PM
MAG is delighted to offer this creative, cultural, and family-oriented event – and I hope you can attend and enjoy it.
Thank you for helping us promote this event to your friends and community.